Track Test Centre (SNCF – CEV)
Tests on track components. SAINT-OUEN
The Track Test Centre (CEV) located in the inner suburbs of Paris at Saint-Ouen specialises in tests on track components (sleepers, fastening systems, under-sleeper pads and under-ballast mats). The laboratory, which reports to the Engineering & Projects Division of SNCF Réseau, has honed its international experience and unprecedented knowledge of the ballasted and ballastless track sector since 1946.
- Tests on concrete sleepers according to EN 13230
- Tests on plastic sleepers according to the draft European standard
- Tests on fastening systems according to EN 13481 & EN 13146
- Tests on under-sleeper pads (USP) according to EN 16730
- Tests on under-ballast mats (UBM) according to the draft European standard
- Rail weld fatigue tests according to EN 14587
- Expert analyses of ballasted and ballasted track component failures
- Specialisation in track components
- Active participation in the work of standards groups (NF, CEN, ISO & UIC)
ACCREDITATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
The laboratory has ISO 9001 certification and is compliant with the requirements of the ISO 17025 standard.