Fire behaviour of cables
Check the behaviour of electric cables under fire conditions and conduct type approval tests for the EC marking of cables.
- Assess the ability of cables not to propagate fire via 3 tests:
– 1 kW flame propagation
– Fire propagation on stranded wires
– Fire propagation on ribbon cables
- Evaluate heat generated by measurement of oxygen consumption coupled with measurements of fire propagation on ribbon cables
- Characterize smoke toxicity and opacity from cables in the event of fire.
- 27 m3 test chamber
- 1 kW flame
- Testing booth
- Test device for ribbon cables (with or without calorimeter hood)
ISO/IEC 17025 awarded by COFRAC
EN 61034 – Measurement of smoke density of cables burning under defined conditions
NF C32-070 – Classification tests on cables and conductors with respect to their fire behaviour
IEC 60 332 – Tests on electric and optical fibre cables under fire conditions – Procedure for 1 kW pre-mixed flame
EN 50266-2-4 et EN 50305 (§9.1) – Test for vertical flame spread of vertically-mounted bunched wires or cables
EN 50399 – Heat release and smoke production measurement on cables during flame spread test
EN 45545 – Railway applications – Fire protection on railway vehicles
I should like to be contacted.
Please complete the contact form. One of our engineers will be in touch with you as soon as possible.Go to form