Drop Shunt Tests
Eurailtest performs tests to check the drop shunt capacity of rolling stock, online and on a test rig.
Drop shunt phenomena
Checking the drop shunt capacity of rolling stock for type approval purposes.
Monitor and record all the drop shunt characteristics of tractive and trailing stock
- Synchronization of data acquisition systems by GPS-CLOCK
- Specially equipped track section in Plouaret (Brittany, France)
- Data acquisition and processing unit
(SAM S 004) (OP 009912) – Drop shunt capacity of rolling stock and brake shoes
Drop shunt test rig
Check the influence of brake shoes on track circuit shunting.
- Conduct reduced scale, simulations of “wheel-brake shoe” braking
- Provide decision-making support for selecting the best friction material (for a given application)
- Help demonstrate thedrop shunt capacity of the materials used to make the brake shoes installed on wagons
- Help optimize drop shunt tests on the open line for rolling stock equipped with brake shoes (other than wagons)
- Measure the effects of pollution of a brake shoe or material on a sample of wheel steel
- Drop shunt test rig (including 2 samples of brake shoes rubbing on a disc)
- Tools for measuring engine speed, contact force and braking torque
- 2 thermocouples embedded in the wheel steel sample
UIC B169/RP 33 – Effect of composite braking materials on track shunt
I should like to be contacted.
Please complete the contact form. One of our engineers will be in touch with you as soon as possible.Go to form